Re: Sound Card problems

Use OSS to detect your sound caerd it is much eaiser

     OSS provides sound card drivers for most popular sound cards under Linux. These
drivers support digital audio, MIDI, Synthesizers and mixers found on sound cards.
     These sound drivers comply with the Open Sound System API specification. OSS
provides a user-friendly GUI which makes the installation of sound drivers and
     configuration of sound cards very simple. OSS supports over 200 brand name sound
cards. OSS drivers provide automatic sound card detection, Plug-n-Play support,
     support for PCI audio soundcards and support for full duplex audio.

                                               Homepage:
                                                             http://www.opensound.com