Dumb networking question about IP forwarding

I have a Debian Linux box that I'd like to use as a switch (I guess) in a
network.  It's going to have a 100Mbs network card and a 10Mbs network card
in it.  I'd like the IP addresses of the to be on the same network -
e.g. one will be 10.0.0.1 and the other 10.0.0.2.  If I enable forwarding
in the kernel on this box, will it transparently forward from one segment
to the other, or do I need to do special routing?

Thanks,
	Dale
--
| Dale E. Martin |  Clifton Labs, Inc.  |  Senior Computer Engineer    |