RE: grrr, No response from modem

At 3/17/99 11:18 AM -0500, Person, Roderick wrote:
>In minicom you need to make your modem either:
>                             /dev/ttyS2
>                                or
>                             /dev/ttyS3
>Depending on which modem your using.
>
>BTW, /dev/ttyS2 would be your 3rd serial port, /dev/ttyS0 being the first
>serial port and so on..

Thanks for the reply...

I have tried all 4 serial devices in minicom.  Nothing works.  I even tried
the old 'cua' devices too.  Those did not work either.

While I am in minicom, the serial modules is in use, but as I said... the
modem does not make a peep or even a blink.  Very odd.

--Jay Barbee

PS: My computer has two builton serial ports listed as port1 and port2.
setserial detects these as ttyS2 and ttyS3 (which I know are the 3rd and
4th serial devices).  Mine is physicall pluges into port1, which I am
seeing as ttyS2.  But as I said.  I tried them all!