Libc6-2.1 weirdness

At exactly midnight local tonight MRTG started sucking all available RAM.
Every time it starts now it just grows and grows until it brings the whole
system down.

I have not changed the MRTG binary but I did install the libc6 from
potato.  Looks like MRTG might need a rebuild. The weird thing is that I
upgraded nearly two days ago and the problem just now started. I have not
modified anything in the last 36 hours or so.

I suspect it was time for it to roll over one of its graphs or something.