Creative Ensoniq AudioPCI

I have the above sound card, and when I modprobe es1370 it tells me device
or resource busy.  I don't have any sound modules compiled into the
kernel.

I can modprobe es1371, and it doesn't give me errors, but it doesn't say
that it has detected the hardware either.

I tried the oss stuff, but I still couldn't get sound.

On another note:  I have an ide-cdr and so I compiled my kernel with
scsi-emulation.  Now my wmcdplay and xfreecd don't know where my cd-rom
is.  It's /dev/scd0.  How do I fix that?

NatePuri
Certified Law Student
& Debian GNU/Linux Monk
McGeorge School of Law