Re: netscape

eferen wrote:

> I have been trying for two weeks to get on the Web with netscape but in all
> versions of Linux I've tried I get the same thing:
>
> "Netscape cannot find the home page", and also, "The following hosts are
> unknown:
> home.netscape.com
> home6.netscape.com
> internic.net"
>
> The IP addresses I've put in manually and it still tells me it can't find
> them.  I checked to see if Bind is installed and it is.  So what's wrong?
>
> Thanks.  Ed
>
> --

I think you should start at the beginning.  Can you ping a machine on the net? By IP
address? By dns name?
try:
ping 152.2.254.81 then,
ping www.sunsite.unc.edu

did you get replies?  If you can't ping by IP, there is something wrong with your
connection to your ISP. (basically) and if you can ping by IP but not by dns, then
you prolly have bad dns machines numbers in /etc/resolv.conf
mail me if it doesn't work and we can work on it while keeping traffic off the list.

--

dyer