Re: Using Procmail

On Tue, 16 Mar, 1999 à 11:01:00AM +0100, homega@vlc.servicom.es wrote:
> XRDLAB dixit:
> > >
> > As mentioned earlier, the mail is received on the spool
> > correctly. But procmail does not seem to be doing its job.
> >
> > Well, here is something which might help in troubleshooting.
> >
> > 1. As soon as I dial-up and the ppp link is established, the root
> >    does not do a fetchmail. I do it as a normal user. Does it in any
> >    way affect the behaviour of fetchmail?

I had to put a .forward in my home directory to get procmail working.

> > :0
> > * ^TO.*debian-user-digest@.*
> > debian-user
>
> I don't know which header you expect to find under "To".  I might be wrong,
> but you might mean "To:";  also, the dot "." right after the @ sign... means

No !!!
This is a regular expression, not a filename «completion» by the shell. man
grep for full details.
BTW ^TO is a macro defined by procmail meaning ^To: or ^Cc: or ...

> that procmail will look for a dot after the @ sign (which will not find, of
> course);  and just in case there's something else between debian-user-diges
> and the @ sign, I would suggest to ommit @, thus:
>
> * ^To:.*debian-user-digest*

this line matches
^To:.*debian-user-diges
^To:.*debian-user-digest
^To:.*debian-user-digestt
^To:.*debian-user-digesttt
Not really what you mean, isn't it ?

> But sometimes the address won't be in the "To:" header, but in "From:", or
> "Cc:"... so this is what I do:

Hence the interest of the TO macro

--
 ( >-   Laurent PICOULEAU                                      -< )
 /~\       lcrpic@a2points.com                                  /~\