Re: Acrobat plug in crashes netscape

On Mon, Mar 15, 1999 at 07:52:19PM -0800, Luiz Otavio L. Zorzella wrote:

> Hi,
>
> my acrobat reader plugin to netscape crashes it.
>
> Any hint?

I'm having a problem that may be related.  In my case the problem started
last week when I was mucking around trying to get KDE working.  A couple
days later I noticed that acrobat would crash on startup with a "Segmentation
fault".  Adding "/usr/lib/libc5-compat" to the front of my LD_LIBRARY_PATH
in my .bashrc and .bash_profile scripts "fixed" acrobat but caused Netscape
to give a "bus error" on startup.  I can think of a couple of work-arounds
for this issue but I suspect that I'll find that Acrobat and Netscape are
not the only two programs affected.  I think it's time to look around and
see how Debian is supposed to be handling these libc5/libc6 issues in
general.

--
Ray
nmos@sonictech.net