Use the source luke

I really really want to install Gnome, but the only reason I haven't
done so yet is because I cannot decide whether to install by source,
or by .deb.  Normally I wouldn't worry about this, as I used to use
another distribution (name not mentioned to protect the guilty) and so
I had no choice.  I recently installed debian and it is *very* good.
The dselect program confused me at first, but now I am very familiar
with it, and have changed my opinion regarding package management.
Arghhh!!! what shall I do??

Any opinions are welcome :)

Regards,

Shaun 'new debian convert' Lipscombe

--

colonel Legion of Doom Serbian BATF Mossad CIA supercomputer kibo bomb
$400 million in gold bullion class struggle nuclear cryptographic