Re: interesting

At 11:02 AM 3/16/99 +0100, homega@vlc.servicom.es wrote:
>George Bonser dixit:
>>
>> http://www.news.com/News/Item/0,4,33762,00.html
>>
>> Looks like Caldera is building a nice linux install wizard ... called
>> lizard.  They say they might open-source it.
>
>They "might"?  I thought everything developed under Linux has to be GPL'ed,
>and thus open source!

Not at all - IIRC, the GPL says (in short) if you use the code of a GPL'ed
programme then the resulting programme must also be GPL but if you want to
write original code to run using the Linux OS then you can release it under
what ever license you like or even not license it at all.

Also IIRC, the preamble discusses this in depth.

Ivan.