more ram and larger harddrive then the bios can take

 I have seen that people get the advise to add a line in lilo.conf that
tells how much RAM the system have, if they have more then 64 mb, and that
it is possible to have a larger harddirve then the BIOS can handle. I just
would like to ask two simple questons about this:

Q1
  I have a motherboard with a bios that take 128 ram, no more, that is
what the manual says, can I have 256 mb if I add memory=256 in lilo.conf.

Q2
  My bios manual say that it´s limit is 8,4 gb harddrive. But if i have
the root inside the 8,4 gb limit is it possible to have, lets say, a 15 gb
hardrive?

/have a nice day - pow