Re: Bootup path?

Shawn Nguyen wrote:

> Hi,
>
>         I was looking in my Hamm Dist. for the file which has all the path to look
> for executable program when it bootup.  Can anyone help me?  Also, when I
> tried to install Netscape it told me to install motifnls which I did but
> afterward it said that I have to set my XNLSPATH environment variable to
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/nls does anyone knows what this is all about?
>  Appreciate any help at all.

You can set these environment variables globaly for all users in
/etc/profile. To set them just for individuall users depends upon what
shell they use eg. bash is $HOME/.bash_profile. The search path is would
you believe PATH.

NLS is native language support. It allows programs to display text in
other languages eg. Japanese.

--
Paul Miller
pmiller@jove.acs.unt.edu