Re: Sound solution

On Mon, Mar 15, 1999 at 03:02:20PM -0800, Paul Nathan Puri wrote:
> I have an Ensoniq AudioPCI.  I don't know how to get my sound working.
> What is the answer?  Please advise.

Have you tried the  Ensoniq AudioPCI support in the kernel -- it's not in
the OSS modules section?

Of course, ALSA is another option.  Last week I set up ALSA on a computer
with an Ensoniq AudioPCI card.  I encountered a couple of interesting
difficulties, but in the end it seemed to work much better for me than
the kernel driver did.  I can give more details on what I did if anyone
is interested.

HTH,
James