Re: Slink and Kernel-Source.

On Mon, 15 Mar 1999, Tony Schonfeld wrote:

> i've just upgrade one server to slink at work and i'm confuse
> when i've see that kernel-source are in the tgz form after
> the installation.
>
> I think it's necessary to use the 'old method' without problem :
>
> * unpack the package
> * create a symlink from kernel-source-x.x.x to linux
> * make-kpkg kernel_image

Yes, it appears we do the unpacking and symlink. Why doesn't the deb
package do this anymore?

Is it still necessary to link /usr/include/linux,asm,scsi to the
kernel source, as the kernel-source README suggests?

Thanks
John
John Maheu                phone  (780) 492-2049
University of Alberta     fax    (780) 492-3300
Dept. of Economics        email  john.maheu@ualberta.ca
Edmonton, Alberta
Canada, T6G 2H4