Re: Slink upgrade and xwindows

*- On 14 Mar, George Bonser wrote about "Re: Slink upgrade and xwindows"
> On Mon, 15 Mar 1999, Branden Robinson wrote:
>
>> As a developer, I track the debian-devel-changes mailing list.  I freely
>> admit that this is not something we can reasonably expect our users to do.
>>
>> As a user, though, everytime I do an "apt-get upgrade" (or dist-upgrade), I
>> scroll back to the list of packages I have just downloaded, and go read the
>> Debian changelogs in each and every one of them.
>
> I wonder if there could be some way to automate the posting of the
> changelogs to the web someplace so when a package is moved from incoming
> the changelog is posted. In this way if a package changes, I might be able
> to view the changelog first so I can better decide if I want to download
> that several megabyte package.

Already exists!  Go to http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages.html,
find your package of interest, say the package of xbase,
http://www.debian.org/Packages/stable/x11/xbase.html.  Scroll to the
bottom of the page you you will see, 'View the Debian changelog' click
on the link and you will be brought to the changelog of that package,
http://cgi.debian.org/cgi-bin/get-changelog?package=xbase.  So
technically you could just enter the above URL replacing xbase with the
package name of your choice.

--
Brian
							   - unknown