RE: strange log messages/behavior

On Mon, 15 Mar 1999, Kris Van Heghe wrote:

> * Sometimes, after playing around for a while on the machine, if some
> command gives me an error, subsequent commands  (whatever it is) produce
> only one output: 'Segmentation fault'. From that moment, there is only one
> solution: restarting the machine, the 'dirty way'.

Have had that problem (along with several others like crashing X servers
every few minutes, rendering the entire system inoperable) too. The
solution was to underclock my AMD K6-2 / 300 downto 250 MHz (3*83). Now
everything seems to work OK. I didn't yet have time (didn't want to create
the time for it...) to check out what piece of hardware is causing the
trouble, but it may also be the combination of several components...

Hope this help...

Regards,
 Maarten.