Re: HELP! need a shell not linked against libncurses.so.4

> I've managed to seriously bung up my system,  and libncurses.so.4 is
> causing problems.  Are there any shells in debian _not_ linked against
> this library?  ATM even root can't do anything,  because nobody can get a
> shell started ...

Have a look at sash:

Package: sash 2.1-5

Stand-alone shell.

The purpose of this program is to make replacing of shared libraries
easy and safe. It does this by firstly being linked statically, and
secondly by including many of the standard utilities within itself.

It seems this is what you need.

HTH,
Eric

--
 E.L. Meijer (tgakem@chem.tue.nl)          | tel. office +31 40 2472189
 Eindhoven Univ. of Technology             | tel. lab.   +31 40 2475032