libc6.1 possible filesystem corruption

Everything was running along just fine. Started dselect and tried to
install zlibg1-dev but dpkg started complaining about an unterminated line
in funny-manpages.info while it was checking the database.

I listed the file and it showed to be absolutely HUGE ... about 8gig in
size on a 4G drive. I had run dselect within the past couple of hours and
all was fine. Not sure if it is related to the new libc but that is the
only major thing that changed today.  I deleted the file, purged
funny-manpages, reinstalled it with dselect and all is now well again.

Running slink+part of potato with 2.2.3 and libc6.1