Re: Slink upgrade and xwindows

On Mon, 15 Mar 1999, Branden Robinson wrote:

> I sometimes wonder why I bother writing any documentation at all.  People
> will just ignore it and then chime in with profound insights like

The problem is that many of the other packages DO NOT note in the package
descriptions what has changed and the other docs are only available AFTER
you have installed them unless you want to manually take it apart and look
at it before deciding to install it.

Many times I see a large package that has been updated and I wonder if
what has changed makes it worthwhile to download the entire package for
some minor change. Has it added some feature I will never use? Has it
fixed or improved something I will use?  Hard to say until AFTER I
download it.

I thank you for taking the time to keep your stuff documented and I will
be more careful to read it in the future.