Re: termcap/info help

In article <[🔎] 199903141927.OAA25718@roundtable.cif.rochester.edu>,
Jonathan P Tomer  <phouchg@cif.rochester.edu> wrote:

>i frequently login to a remote freebsd system. freebsd uses termcap. is
>there a way to convert my linux and xterm-debian entries from terminfo to
>termcap format? tic *claims* to be able to convert terminfo *source* to

"infocmp linux" outputs what looks like terminfo source. "infocmp -C
linux" looks a bit like termcap source (i.e. looks like terminfo
source, but different).

You're probably best off transporting the generated source across and
compiling it on the target system, at a guess.

SRH
--
Steve Haslam      http://www.arise.demon.co.uk/      steve@arise.demon.co.uk
Debian GNU/Linux Maintainer                               araqnid@debian.org