Re: init runs away with glibc2.1

Greg Wooledge (wooledge@kellnet.com) wrote:

> Shortly after installing the new glibc 2.1 packages, I noticed that
> init had started to run away:

> (Is it safe to reboot at this point, or should I drop back to glibc 2.0?)

Well, my computer decided the matter for me.  About half an hour after
writing that, my X session went wacky, and I also couldn't telnet in.
I waited a while and hit the reset button, and everything seems to be OK.

I probably should've upgraded libc from a virtual terminal, rather than
an rxvt under X.  Silly me, I guess... but that still doesn't explain
why init ran away.

--
Greg Wooledge                    | Distributed.NET http://www.distributed.net/
wooledge@kellnet.com             | because a CPU is a terrible thing to waste.