Re: rvplayer segfault

On Sun, 14 Mar 1999, Alec Smith wrote:
> There's bugs in kernel 2.0.x which RealPlayer takes advantage of. These
> holes were closed during development of 2.2.x, therefore breaking
> RealPlayer. I believe there is a way around the problem, but I do not have
> it as I'm using 2.0.37pre8 on my workstation.

Yes, I'm aware of the sound bugs in rvplayer, but this seems to be
something else because from what I heard, the sound bugs simply prevent
you from hearing sound without actually causing rvplayer to segfault.
Here, it segfaults as soon as it accesses locale.alias, so I'm thinking
that this may be something else.

Max