Re: SMP with kernel 2.2.3

On Sun, 14 Mar 1999, John Leget wrote:
> Seems to work ok here, runnning potata SMP with kernel 2.2.3 also running the
> distributed-net client and top shows full utilisation, i was also using xosview but
> that seems to be broken with my current setup :(

You are right, I think it works fine, it's just that the CPU utilization
(and maybe process priorities) are different than under my old 2.1.121
kernel.  Incidentally, I can't get xosview to work any more either, but
/proc/cpuinfo does show 2 processors and I can get the CPU utilization to
go up to 100% if I really try.  Anyway, I guess I was just confused.

> Interestingly some months back when i went SMP top showed 200% for a while :). After
> some upgrades this changed, xosview showed both active ( when it worked ).

Yup, I had the same 200% problem for a while, but then I think they fixed
it in February.

Max