Re: Slink CDs.

On Sat, Mar 13, 1999 at 10:56:27PM +0200, shaul wrote:
> 1) I saw some CD vendors who claim that they ship their CD with a multi-cd
> method. Isn't the multi-cd method part of the official CD ? Is it required
> inspite the inclusion of apt ?

The problem is that even "Just" main is bigger than 1 CD and APT doesn't
have a multi-cd option yet (not that I know of anyway).

> 2) Some CD vendors say that their CDs include contrib + non-US + parts of
> non-free. Others only mention non US. However, if the official CD has about
> 1150 packages then is it wrong to conclude that any vendor who ships 4 or 5
> CDs with about 2550 packages must have include contrib + non-US + parts of
> non-free ?

If you are getting just 1 CD than you get most of main and that's it.  It
has everything needed for the default package selections (workstation,
server etc.).  If you get more CDs then CD-2 has the rest of main and all of
contrib.  I think CDs 3 & 4 are source and 5 is non-free.  I'm not sure
where non-us goes but there should be room on either 2 or 5.

BTW this is from memory so if anyone has a correction then please...

--
Ray
nmos@sonictech.net