Re: Awk scripts & Debian awk version

	Subject: Re: Awk scripts & Debian awk version
	Date: Sat, Mar 13, 1999 at 01:25:15PM -0600

Quoting Stephen Pitts(smpitts@midsouth.rr.com):
> On Sat, Mar 13, 1999 at 01:48:57PM -0500, Wayne Topa wrote:
> >
> >   I have some small scripts that keep a log file of notes.  The
> > searchlog feature uses awk.  Now that I have decided to move my
> > operating from the Slackware box that the scripts work in to debian,
> > the scripts no longer work.
> >

> Have you looked at the gawk pacakge? I think it does what you want. AFAIK,
> the mawk package is installed by default in the base system because it
> is smaller and space on the floppies is a premium.
> --
> Stephen Pitts
> smpitts@midsouth.rr.com
> webmaster - http://www.mschess.org

Thanks Stephen, that was the fix.  doh!  Why I hadn't looked for gawk
I don't know.  I sure knew about cut I guess I got lost in the trees!

Changing the awk call to gawk fixed it

Thanks!!

--
There are two ways to write error-free programs.  Only the third one works.
Wayne T. Topa <wtopa@ix.netcom.com>