newbie unable to install Slink

Hi everybody,

I am trying to install slink for CDs (I' ve just burned them).
During the boot process, I got the following (after indentification of
cd and hard drive)

(scsi0) <Adaptec AHA-294X Ultra SCSI host adapter> found at PCI 11/0
(scsi0) Wide channel, SCSI ID=7, 16/255 SCBs
(scsi0) Downloading sequencer code ... 419 instructions downloaded

and the computer got frozen

My computer is a Dell OptiPlex GXa :
Pentium II 300Mhz
96 Mb ram
scsi adapter : Adaptec AHA-2940 (SCSI ID =7)
network card : com fast etherlink XL PCI adapter 3c905
cd-rom : don't know
no pcmia

I hope someone can help me ...

Sincerely,

Olivier Ripoll.

PS : I am not sure the first message was correctly sent, so I resent
this. Sorry if there are two.