Re: Apt, Dselect, and Dpkg. What's the different?

On Wed, Mar 10, 1999 at 03:49:07PM -0500, Shaleh wrote:

> the hierarchy is:
>
> dpkg
> apt
> dselect
>
> currently.  dselect may disappear.

Please, don't! :-)
I know this is a ugly beast, but I learned to love it, and it will take some
time for me to get used to any other. I not in the way of progress, mind you,
and I know dselect puts a lot of people away, so we are making a new frontend,
_but_ I don't think dselect will disappear, at least not in the near future.
Let the die-hards use what they like. :-)

--
Pedro Guerreiro (aka digito)    (pguerreiro@bigfoot.com)
Diplomacy: the art of letting someone have your own way.