Re: ergonomics question ($TERM colors)

>> "JH" == John Hasler <john@dhh.gt.org> writes:

JH> Seth M. Landsman writes;
>> Very few people I've spoken to prefer black on white over white on black.

JH> I do.  I have lousy vision and I find that black on white lets me
JH> cram more stuff on the screen and still read it.

I also do.

In Germany, there is hardly an area which isn't covered by law. So
there is also a law for protection of computer workers. Among other
things (noise, strength of light, pauses, chair and table
requirements) it also mentions monitors. The required display is
positiv, e.g. dark letters on bright background.

There are some reasons for it. Similar to normal paper, bright
environment -> bright screen -> eyes don't have to readapt, white
letters on black get visibly contracted etc.

Note that I don't speak of #000000 white. I use whitesmoke as
background and black as forground.

Ciao,
	Martin