Re: ergonomics question ($TERM colors)

On Fri, 12 Mar 1999, Joey Hess wrote:

> mike shupp wrote:
> > Amber on black used to be recommended in Olden Times.
> > But I'm surprised you find white on black better than black on white.
> > The white letters stand out true, but black on white is closer to
> > normal reading, and ought to seem less obtrusive.

> Normal paper doesn't glow in the same cancerous way as a CRT.

	I'm a bit skeptical about the likelihood of getting cancer
	from CRT screens in general and from modern energy-saving
	low-emission CRTs in particular.  Do you regard these things
	as more  deadly  than TV sets, which people have been using
	for half a century-- without notable (radiative) effect?

   ms44278@huey.csun.edu
   Mike Shupp
   California State University, Northridge
   Graduate Student, Dept. of Anthropology