Re: PLEASE READ! IMPORTANT! ALL THE MEMBERS! PLEASE READ!

Filtering gets the email messages from the listserver into the correct separate email box. However it does nothing for the overwhelming volumn problem which threading would considerably help. Both web based discussion managers & news reader programs handle treading well. For a group of this volume you would need a good discussion server & at least one public server that I know of just isn't up to the job. It's to busy for good service. I wonder why this listserver group hasn't long ago gone to a news/news server format for the much better accessibility of the threaded news readers. It doesn't have to be part of the public news system with it's well known loss of messages, advertisements, & harvesting of email addresses for future spam. If Debian can set up & run the fancy listserver as they have they could just as well instead run a private or semi-private news server that only has Debian news/discussion on it. There are a reasonable number of such already on the net. The existing searchable email archive could be just as good or better as a news archive.

At 3/10/99 08:56 AM , you wrote:
From: Nuno Donato <nunodonato@xoommail.com>
Thank you for reading my message.
I am a member of the Debian Linux Mailing List(just like
you) and I know how boring is to receive every day hundreds
of e-mails, and don't have time to read it all.
So now I have found a much easier way.
Click on the link on the bottom of my email to go directly
to my page: "Unofficial Debian Linux Message Board"

Yes that's it! A message board it's much easier to use and you don't have hundred of e-mails in you Inbox every day. So
I will wait you all there. See ya!

http://www.InsideTheWeb.com/mbs.cgi/mb392374