Re: Magicfilter and Stylus Color 640

On Fri, Mar 12, 1999 at 01:59:15PM -0300, Mario Olimpio de Menezes wrote:

> 	I purchase a new printer (above model) and I'm having some
> troubles to get correct settings for it.
> 	I tried to use the magicfilter options (stcolor 360 and 720dpi)
> but the 720dpi always fails to print.

You might want to use the Aladin Ghostscript (ie the version in non-free).
That version is newer and may do a better job supporting newer Epson
printers (ie. 440, 640, 740, 850).  BTW I think all/most new support for the
Epsons is going into the Uniprint driver.

> 	Does somebody else have this printer (or similar)? What are yours
> feeling about quality, speed, economy under Linux?

I have one of the 800 series Epson printers and a Canon bjc-600.  The Canon
prints really well with the Uniprint drivers (as good or better than in
Windows).  The Epson I've only tried with the stylus drivers and not at all
in Windows but the quailty looks better than my Canon.

--
Ray
nmos@sonictech.net