Re: ergonomics question ($TERM colors)

On Fri, 12 Mar 1999, Ian Keith Setford wrote:

> Aside from personal preference, does anyone know if a certain combination
> of colors is better to stare at than others?  I can guess, from my own
> experience, that white text on a black background is better than black on
> white.  Does anybody have any input on this? I would like to use the one
> that is "best" on my eyes since I stare at computer screens for ~12hrs a
> day.

Amber on black used to be recommended in Olden Times.
But I'm surprised you find white on black better than black on white.
The white letters stand out true, but black on white is closer to
normal reading, and ought to seem less obtrusive.

   ms44278@huey.csun.edu
   Mike Shupp
   California State University, Northridge
   Graduate Student, Dept. of Anthropology