Re: Magicfilter and Stylus Color 640

Hi,

I have an old Stylus 500 colour (and love it! great printer) but when I
first tried to get it setup with magicfilter and ghostscipt I could only
make it print text, not postscript (blank pages came out). I found that
installing Aladdin-ghostscript 5.1 from the gs web site sorted it for me. If
your problem is similar then give it a go, otherwise ignore me :-)

It would probabily have been possiable to get it to work using the orginal
packages but I'm new to debian and don't know how it works.

Andy Holmes  West Sussex, England

andyholmes@btinternet.com

Protect privacy, boycott Intel: http://www.bigbrotherinside.org

"The path of my life is strewn with cow pats from the devil's own satanic
herd!", Edmund Blackadder