nfs

Under hamm, I could successfully export a file system from a i386
machine running hamm to a SGI running IRIX 6.5 so that the command
mount debian:/home /mnt
issued on the IRIX 6.5 machine worked giving output something like this.

kakapo 16# mount blitzen:/home /mnt
mount: blitzen:/home server not responding: Program/version mismatch; low
version = 1, high version = 2
NFS version 3 mount failed, trying NFS version 2
mount: blitzen:/home server ok

Now when I upgrade the i386 to slink and try the same thing on the SGI I
get

akapo 19# mount lira:/home /mnt
mount: lira:/home server not responding: Program not registered
NFS version 3 mount failed, trying NFS version 2
mount: retrying
   /mnt
NFS version 3 mount failed, trying NFS version 2

and it keeps on trying this for ages.
Does anyone know a solution to this problem?

Shashi Kanbur                                  shashi@fcrao1.phast.umass.edu
Five College Astronomy Department,
University of Massachusetts,
Amherst,
MA 01003
USA
(413) 577 0470                                 (413) 545 4223 (Fax)