Re: true type fonts

MallarJ@aol.com wrote:

> Okay, so I've installed xfstt - the true type font server.  The package says
> it doesn't contain any fonts, and I can't find a package of them via dselect.
> Can anyone point me to the true type fonts package(s)?
>
> TIA,
> Jay
>
> --

Hi,

I recently installed xfstt.

This is what I did:

I mounted my bin98 partition (and updated fstab to load it every time)

from /usr/lib/share/fonts/truetype, I did ln -s
/dos/c/windows/fonts/*.ttf .

I then had to edit /etc/X11/XF86Config

in the FontPath section I added to the end
	,unix/:7101

Then to test it I used xfontsel.

the far left box now has an additional thingy - ttf. if you know how
fontsel works, then that should be enough.

Note: when I added the font path initially  got the / and the : the
wrong way round - xdm refused to start, and kept trying to restart - so
temporarily remove/didable xdm (if you use it) to be on the safe side or
keep a rescue disk handy.

frankie

--
Confession is good for the soul only in the sense that a tweed coat is
good

	--Peter de Vries

http://www.skunkpussy.freeserve.co.uk - Drum'n'Bass music, samples and
links.