Where to now?

I installed Debian, and it dropped me into deselect. Deselect what?  Is the question? Are the packages additional software that needs to be down loaded or is it talking about software included within the distribution. I installed from floppies; I could not get the loadlin program to work for DOS.
 Are the floppies that the deselect program is talking about the same  installation floppies. What gives? I have read the documentation; maybe I have the name Woodrow for reason.
Thanks in advance,