filtering and directing email

I use Debian Potato with smail setup to send email over my dial-up ppp connection.
I own the domain name relm.net and it's setup so that anything@relm.net comes to me.

When a user like `ramiel` logins and and sends email like via
mail you@u.com -s "whatever"
the From field shows ramiel@relm.net

What I want to do is if a person replied to ramiel@relm.net it will go only to the
username ramiel's on my linux box.  And all unidentified ones should go to the
root account or another one.

This way if I give a shell account a friend of mine, he can use it for email
and I won't see his email.

I currently don't have anything setup to download the email and 'am still using
NT 4 with Eudora over IP Masquerading to use email and would like to get this
linux email stuff finished so I can completely make the move.

Does anyone know if this is possible and what I should read up on for it?

Ramiel Givergis, webmaster@relm.net, http://www.relm.net
This mail is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to
be considered flaws or defects.