RE: please recommend 3d video card

On 12-Mar-99 Ben Messinger wrote:
> A large electronics/computer store is closing their store where I live
> and they are having a liquidation sale tommorow. I thought this might be
> the time to upgrade a few things and would like recomendations on a 3D
> video card. I only use Linux, so 'WinTendo' performance is a non-issue.
> Please let me know what you recommend for best Linux support and
> performance/compatability.
> Thanks in advance!

3d support is near non existant.  Dont bother (and if you do not game or do 3d
art, you wont care).

Now if you just want a nifty 16 mb card to get rid of the cheesy 2 megger you
have now, avoid ATi.  Riva support is getting good, the Matrox is superb.
Voodoo is supported, but binary only (no source is given).