Re: Statistics/graphing programs for scientists?

On Thu, 11 Mar 1999, William Park wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 11, 1999 at 08:29:38AM -0600, rich wrote:
> I don't know what kind of statistics you do, but try Octave which is
> GNU clone of MatLab.  For graph, I use Python to analyze the data, and

 You can use scilab.Scilab is a mathematical analysis and signal
processing  tool which can do a lot of things.It is available from
 www-rocq.inria.fr/scilab/
scilab can produce good plots and you can plug it in latex files.
 You can also use gnuplot for plotting purposes.
 Look for other packages in sal.kachinatech.org( or .com)

Ramakrishnan

Ramakrishnan M
#211 ,Cauvery hostel,
Indian Institute of Technology,Madras,
Chennai-600 036, INDIA

" Software is like sex;It's better when it's free "
                                                   -Linus Torvalds