[no subject]

Hi all.
I've done this before but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong now.  I'm
trying to connect to the internet through my NT server. I have WinGate
installed on the server just for this purpose. The linux box can ping the
server and other computers on the LAN but if I try to upgrade with apt I get
error messages saying that it can't connect to WinGate. I have set the
export http_proxy="<http://wingate:80/>" in /etc/profile and root .bashrc
but it seems that I previously made a change in the apt source file.  Any
ideas?
TIA
Cristov Russell