mail filtering

Hi,

I am trying debian after using redhat for awhile and have a question about
procmail.

With redhat I use fetchmail to download my email and as long as I have a
procmailrc set up in my home directory my mail would be filtered
automatically. I am using smail with debian since it was the default and
actually the setup during install is very slick.

The problem is my mail is not being filtered. Do i need A .forward file with
debian since I am using smail as opposed to sendmail??

Thanks
Alot

Rick

--