Re: does WINE work well enough?

*- On 11 Mar, rich wrote about "does WINE work well enough?"
> Hello all,
>
> I have recently become interested in installing WINE to run some
> essential WIN-based programs... Anyway, I would like to be able to run
> them under linux instead of having to reboot to my ever-crashing Win95
> system. Will the debian package of WINE work? The WINE webpage makes it
> sound like it works pretty well...
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Rich

Take a look at http://www.winehq.com/Apps/query.cgi and see if any of
your apps are listed in the database.

Other than that the best thing to do is install the wine package from
unstable(and the necesarry libs that it depends on) and see if they
work.

--
Brian
							   - unknown