Installation methode

I was looking though the readme files namely the 'dselect', I read that
the method of I had chosen was one of the less desire.  I had placed
every thing in a directory on my DOS Partition, and was ready to go.
In the section on floppies it states that a Zip would be better. I have
a parport Imation 120 Zip.  Does the rescue disk 1440 have the drivers
for the Zip? In the event that the disk does have the necessary drivers,
do I just raw copy the Debian to the Zip in Windows 98?
I am new to Linux. I have down loaded up Ramlinux from my DOS Partition
using loadlin, and tested it in expectation of loading Debian that way.
I have loaded Cramdisk2_04MB_ppa, but the program can't find the Zip.
One last question, I use Flips to partition my hard drive into two main
sections, during installation will i be able to set up the other
partition for root, usr and swap?
Woodrow