Re: I can't believe this

George Bonser wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Mar 1999, Adam Linford - Prima House wrote:
>
> >       The point I'm trying to make is that effort often returns
> > satisfaction and knowledge, which is why I'm here.  Debian is more than just
> > software, it's politics.
> >
> > Adam
>
> WHich I personally see as a weak point if it gets in the way of software
> development. It takes a lot of energy to play politics.

	I don't see Deb spending a lot of time playing politics.  I don't
see Deb developers spending a lot of time on other mailing lists
or newsgroups proselytizing Debian over other dists.  For the most
part, we do our thing, and let word-of-mouth bring new people to
Debian.  Whether Debian can survive the long run with just
word-of-mouth promotion is an open question, though.

--
Ed C.