Re: Ethernet connection to Windows98

> Hello Debian-mentors,
I've moved this post to debian-users.  The debian-mentors list is for
people who need help creating debian packages;  -users is for questions
about how to get the system working,  etc. ...

>   I have a NE2000 compatible Ethernet card installed and detected by
>   my kernel. What I want to do is to connect to a Windows98 machine
>   using this card.
Did you use the debian install programs to set this up?

>   Where do I start? For instance: Regarding the kernel, is the fact
>   that the card is detected enough, or should I have added support for
>   some protocols in the kernel, or can I add the protocols later?
You'll need protocol support in the kernel.  What are you trying to do --
Windows Networking,  telnet,  or what?

                     					Will

|             harpo@udel.edu lowe@cis.udel.edu lowe@debian.org           |
|			http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/		         |
|    PGP Public Key:  http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/index.html#pgpkey    |
|           You think you're so smart,  but I've seen you naked          |
|                  and I'll prob'ly see you naked again ...              |
|                 --The Barenaked Ladies,  "Blame It On Me"              |