Re: I can't beleive this

On Thu, 11 Mar 1999, Richard Lyon wrote:

>  Yes I am new to linux and like dselect. Gives one a good grasp on what is
> going on and makes installing packages a breeze. Maybe we should form the
> dselect self-help group to try and convince ourselves that dselect is no good.
> Maybe repeating the following 500 times every morning will help:

Good idea. I think people have gotten lazy when it comes to computers. If
what they are doing is not immediately obvious then somehow they think the
program is broken.  The current mindset is that if you have to read
instructions, it is too complicated. They are willing to sacrifice
fine-grained control for simplicity. All one has to do is READ the
directions and dselect becomes very easy to use ... but that is the part
they all skip.