Re: setup.sh

On Wed, Mar 10, 1999 at 03:12:37AM -0000, Pollywog wrote:
> I found  what it was that cannot be started from /sbin/setup.sh
> I put the commands:
>
> /usr/local/abacus/sentry -tcp
> /usr/local/abacus/sentry -udp
>
> in setup.sh and sentry will not start.  I had to put the commands in netbase
> instead, and I know that they will be overwritten when I upgrade.
>
> I was able to start my ipfwadm rules and OSS-Linux from setup.sh, however :)

It's like Miquel says: it might work, but it's wrong. Don't do it.

Just create a file in /etc/init.d; call it anything you want.
/etc/init.d/local would be appropriate. Put in it the stuff you want
to start during boot. Then run "update-rc.d" to set up the links
in /etc/rc2.d.

Don't edit /etc/init.d/netbase -- that's wrong too. You're free to do
whatever you want with your own system of course, but you will make it
harder for yourself later.

Hamish