Re: apt error upgrading to 2.1

Thus spake Hamish Moffatt (hamish@debian.org):

> When upgrading Debian 2.0 to 2.1 here with apt, I got

> Preparing to replace strace 3.1-13 (using strace_3.1.0.1-8.deb) ...
> Unpacking replacement strace ...
> E: Sub-process returned an error code
>
> I ran "dpkg --pending --configure", which worked perfectly.
> Now I'm running "apt-get dist-upgrade" again; this time it's decided
> it can upgrade ytalk [previously it said it was held] but otherwise
> seems ok. Weird.

Same exact thing happened to me.  It appears to be a mis-handled dependency /
package-order because re-running apt-get dist-upgrade did grab the remaining
packages and configure the pending packages as it should.

Everything should be ok.  ;)

--
                 .oO,.. oneiros (oneiros@darkspire.net) ..,Oo.
                ... and the `fortune -s` for this e-mail is ...