Re: New

On Tue, 9 Mar 1999, Joe wrote:

> I'm trying to install Debian-Linux, and I don't know what I'm doing. I
> need someone I can call on the phone to walk me through the installation
[snip]

Hi Joe

Dale Scheetz has a book published by Linux Press that is just your tcket.
It costs about $40 US and comes with 3 CDs of Hamm. If you buy the book
Dale provides email support for installation. See www.linuxpress.com.

The book itself can be downloaded in html format from the web site, but
the email hand-holding and the book to gether are easily worth the $40.

I used the 1.3.1 version. It made a world of difference in the ease of
installation. I have not used the 2.0 version. I installed the Frozen
2.1 (Slink) version.

The Hamm (2.0) version is on www.linuxpress.com now.

David Teague dbt@elentari.cs.wcu.edu
Debian GNU/Linux Because software should not be expected to crash.
	         Rebooting should not be necesary to reboot when
		 something changes in the system configuration.

On Tue, 9 Mar 1999, Joe wrote:

> I'm trying to install Debian-Linux, and I don't know what I'm doing. I
> need someone I can call on the phone to walk me through the installation
> and get Debian working. E-Mail me at
to give me