Re: bitchx (sucks!) (forwarded, oops!)

Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 15:24:00 -0600 (CST)
From: steven walsh <swalsh@mail.d.umn.edu>
Subject: Re: bitchx (sucks!)
To: morpheus@rpglink.com
Content-MD5: tm9kkgAIpk3NEqxSyKGLDg==

>     I didn't guess, I RTFM'd.  I read in the docs that BitchX is a
> derivative of ircII.  The ircII man pages are included in the BX package.
> Gee, start there.  Also it states that /bhelp (not /help!!!) is the BitchX
> help.  /help depends on the ircII help files which, unless you've installed
> ircII, aren't there.

	/bhelp is amusingly unsorted and approaches uselessness unless you
actually already know the command you want.

>     /bhelp.  How many times will I say that before it sinks in.  I found
> that in the first 20-30 seconds when I first used BX.

	See above.

>     Could that be because your domain is banned?  I bet it is.  And why?
> Because they had problems with people from your domain flooding, spamming
> and clonning on their channel.  Some of the channels I ran banned entire
> COUNTRIES because of people like that.

	The ability of some IRCers to blatantly ban entire countries because of
the acts of a few is why EfNet is in a decline.  Too many little kids fighting
for "power" in a virtual medium.  It's funny in a sad sort of way.

>     So far I've seen no evidence of that.  So far all I've seen is a guy who
> does RTFM, is a clueless newbie who took a domain ban personally and is now
> whining publicly.

	I dunno, all I see is an egotistical IRC/*nix user who is so high on his
own experiences that he can't handle answering a simple question without trying
to degrade him for _asking_.

"See you on the flip side"

- Steve Walsh (EfNet:#Babylon5:KnaraKat)
  	      (swalsh@d.umn.edu)